BOILED LOBSTER RECIPE WITH LEMON SAUCE - ASTAKOS
Impress your friends with this Greek Boiled Lobster Recipe for a rich, luxurious lobster dish, succulent meat served with a tangy,
citrus sauce, simple, easy and so delicious!
If you're wondering how to cook lobster, check out this recipe, it's really easy!
The lobster meat in this Greek fish recipe is so tender, serve with the lemon and olive oil sauce poured over
the fish or on the side with a crisp salad and crusty bread to dip in the sauce.
Of course many a boiled lobster recipe would use butter in the sauce, but Greek cuisine rarely
uses butter, replacing it instead with a good quality extra virgin olive oil. Still the great flavour, but
200 ml / 7 fl oz white wine vinegar
freshly ground salt
3 small rock lobsters
150ml / 5 fl oz extra virgin olive oil
juice of 2 lemons
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or parsley
- Fill a large sauce pan with water and bring to the boil.
- Add the vinegar, a teaspoon of salt and the lobsters.
- Return pan to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for approx 9-10 minutes.
- The lobsters will turn bright red.
- Using long handled tongs, scoop the lobsters from the water.
- Leave to cool.
- Cut each lobster in half, lengthwise.
- Remove the vein running down the body.
- You only use the tail meat, loosen this meat from the shell.
- Cut into small pieces.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and freshly ground salt and black pepper
until amalgamated, it should turn opaque.
- Spread the lobster on a platter and sprinkle the oregano or parsley over the fish.
- Serve the lemon sauce either by pouring over the top or separately.
You can serve this boiled lobster recipe with lemon wedges, rice pilaf and a salad, or with potato salad.
Once the lobster has been boiled, cut in half, and loosened from its shell, place on a hot barbecue grill.
Baste with some of the lemon and oil sauce and cook on both sides for a minute or two to sear.
Return to its shell for serving.
You can also grill lemon halves on the barbecue and serve along with the lobster.
Kali Orexi - Bon Appetit
Return from Boiled Lobster Recipe for more delicious Healthy Fish Recipes